Bauder BioSOLAR is an integrated mounting solution for photovoltaic renewable energy with a green roof where the substrate and vegetation provide the ballasted installation mechanism, which removes the need for penetrating the waterproofing to secure the mounting units to the roof.
A key element of the BioSOLAR system is that the front edge of the PV panel is set at around 300mm above the level of the substrate, which allows liberal growing room for the extensive vegetation without blocking light to the polycrystalline solar cells that would otherwise reduce the efficiency of the panels. This height setting also enables light and moisture to reach beneath the panel to support the plants below.
Key features• Allows entire roof to qualify as biodiverse green roof
• No roof penetrations as green roof substrate acts as ballast
• Front edge of panel set at around 300mm above the substrate
• Green roof can cool down the temperature of the PV panel
• System can be retrofitted on many roofs
• Installation on zero degree falls
Benefits• Shaded and sheltered areas attract broader range of wildlife
• Waterproofing guarantee remains uncompromised
• Raised modules allow light and moisture to access vegetation
• Cooling effect increases panel output by up to 5%
• Allows for energy generation on areas that was previously not possible
Approvals, certification and guarantee• System has NHBC approval
• Guaranteed system
• Meets all relevant EU standards
Environmental credentials• Entire roof qualifies as biodiverse green roof
• Uses 100% recycled high-density polyethylene (HDPE) base board
• Enhances biodiversity of green roof
• Renewable energy generation
Installation and maintenanceThe quality and experience of the installing operative is paramount to ensuring a successful project. Bauder Approved Contractors are the only people fully trained and certified to install our products. They provide the necessary experience that our exceptional guarantee demands.
The construction and development of buildings in today’s market is calling for rooftop solutions that include a duality of technologies for environmental advantage; a biodiverse green roof coupled with ecological and SuDS enhancement and a solar photovoltaic array. Bauder embraces this cohesive stance with our BioSOLAR solution designed to meet planning and BREEAM requirements.