- Technical Centre
- BIM objects and NBS specifications
- CAD detail drawings
- System summaries
- Accreditations and associations
- Declarations of Performance
- Design guides
- BRE Green Guide
- Maintenance advice
- Technical CPD seminars
- Installation videos
Green roofs CPD seminar
Living green roofs, the different types and how to create a successful project. This seminar investigates the environmental benefits of the different green roofs, the design considerations for successful planning and what to expect from the finished project.
On completion you will:
- Be able to understand the benefits of green roofs. We will introduce the various green roof systems available, including the benefit of incorporating this into your flat roof solution.
- Have an understanding of why a green roof is required. We consider factors such as planning requirements, supporting biodiversity and creating recreational space.
- Be familiar with the various waterproofing options that can be used with green roofs, taking into account factors such as root protection and system construction.
- Be aware of the design considerations, pitfalls and issues, particularly with plant and roof top equipment, incorporating a safe means of access and the importance of critical detailing.
- Recognise the value of ensuring the quality of installation and the importance of having a robust guarantee in place.
Structure of a typical lunchtime seminar