- Technical Centre
- BIM objects and NBS specifications
- CAD detail drawings
- System summaries
- Accreditations and associations
- Declarations of Performance
- Design guides
- BRE Green Guide
- Maintenance advice
- Technical CPD seminars
- Installation videos
Retrofitting green roofs CPD seminar
Retrofitting green roofs, the options available and how to create a successful project. This seminar investigates the considerations for successful planning and design of green roof on a retrofit or refurbishment project.
On completion you will:
- Be able to undertstand the opportunities for retrofitting a green roof. This includes when it is suitable to retrofit a green roof and consideration of the options available.
- Be familiar with the various waterproofing options that can be used when retrofitting green roofs, taking into account factors such as loadings, existing roof conditions and the associated costs.
- Understand the maintenance issues that need to be considered, how frequently your roof should be preserved and what a typical maintenance programme includes.
- Be aware of the design considerations, how to reduce weight loadings by design and consider factors such as irrigation and drainage, planting methods and schemes.
- Recognise the value of ensuring the quality of installation and the importance of having a robust guarantee in place.
Structure of a typical lunchtime seminar