- Technical Centre
- BIM objects and NBS specifications
- CAD detail drawings
- System summaries
- Accreditations and associations
- Declarations of Performance
- Design guides
- BRE Green Guide
- Maintenance advice
- Technical CPD seminars
- Installation videos
Flat roof solutions CPD seminar
Flat roofs, the different waterproofing options and when to specify each for the best solution. This seminar investigates the individual benefits of the different flat roof waterproofing systems available in today’s market and the design considerations to be taken into account for a successful project.
On completion you will:
- Be able to understand where each waterproofing type is most effective and to specify flat roof solutions that provide a balance of performance, aesthetics, and cost.
- Be familiar with the various waterproofing systems available as a flat roof waterproofing option such as bitumen membranes, single ply, hot melt liquids and cold applied liquids.
- Appreciate the benefits of enhancing your roof with renewable energy and an environmental green roof or recreational space.
- Be aware of the design considerations, pitfalls and issues, particularly with plant and roof top equipment, incorporating a safe means of access and the importance of critical detailing.
- Recognise the value of ensuring the quality of installation and the importance of having a robust guarantee in place.
Structure of a typical lunchtime seminar