Sedum blanket extensive green roof system
When to specify...
This is the lightest weight all in one system available. It comprises mature sedum on 20mm of extensive substrate and incorporating a multifunctional water retention and filter layer. The system is suitable for both new build construction and retrofit refurbishment projects. In most instances an additional drainage layer is not required though on roofs up to 2° or in areas of high rainfall, its inclusion may be necessary.
• Lightest weight system at just 44Kg/m² (saturated weight loading)
• Installed directly onto the root resistant waterproofing
• Complete integrated system
• 11 species of sedum are grown in the blanket to ensure plant diversity
• Substrate is extremely lightweight
• Moisture retention layer and substrate keep system weight to minimum
Quick and easy to install
Low maintenance system
Instant greening of a roof
Suitable for retrofitting on refurbishment roofs
Supported by our maintenance service
Approvals, certification and guarantee
• Cradle to Cradle silver certificate
uaranteed waterproofing system and green roof components
Fire rating of Ext.F.AA (flat roofs) and Ext. S. AA (sloped roofs) when tested to
BS 476 Part 3:2004
Substrate, moisture retention and filtration layers meet FLL guidelines
• Substrates include a high proportion of recycled crushed brick and aggregate
• Moisture retention layer manufactured from recycled materials
Installation and maintenance
The quality and experience of the installing operative is paramount to ensuring a successful project. Bauder Approved Contractors are the only people fully trained and certified to install our products. They provide the necessary experience that our exceptional guarantee demands.
Cradle to Cradle Silver Certification
Our sedum blankets, XF301 and XF300, have been certifed through the Cradle-2-Cradle standard which guides manufacturers through a continual improvement process that looks at a product through five quality categories — material health, material re-utilisation, renewable energy and carbon management, water stewardship, and social fairness.
C2C Certified product website ►
Our XF301 Sedum Blanket incorporates plants that are grown to maturity and delivered to site within 24 hours of harvesting for immediate installation, thus ensuring that they acclimatise quickly to their new rooftop location.