- Technical Centre
- BIM objects and NBS specifications
- CAD detail drawings
- System summaries
- Accreditations and associations
- Declarations of Performance
- Design guides
- BRE Green Guide
- Maintenance advice
- Technical CPD seminars
- Installation videos
Green roof and solar solutions CPD seminar
Green roofs and solar solutions - Best practice design, the options available and how to create a successful project. This seminar investigates the many advantages and environmental benefits of green roofs and photovoltaics, and when they are best specified.
On completion you will:
- Be able to undertstand the basics of green roofs and innovations in green roofing. We will cover the various green roof systems available, including how they can be preserved after installation.
- Have an understanding of the Photovoltaic options available, including retrofitting PV, combining PV with a green roof and the funding options available.
- Be familiar with the maintenance issues of a green roof and the considerations when installing a photovoltaic system.
- Be aware of the design considerations, pitfalls and issues, particularly with plant and roof top equipment, incorporating a safe means of access and the importance of critical detailing.
- Recognise the value of ensuring the quality of installation and the importance of having a robust guarantee in place.
Structure of a typical lunchtime seminar