Bauder is partnering with Solon Energy GmbH to deliver a photovoltaic system for flat roofs that does not require any penetration of the waterproofing system or roof deck to fix the mounting system. Instead, the companies have developed a unique tool-free installation method where the substructure of the module is welded to the roof membrane, rather than mechanically fixed, greatly reducing the risk that is involved with other PV solutions.
The partnership brings together Europe’s leading innovators in the fields of flat roofing and photovoltaics. With both companies emphasising quality and service, there is no denying this agreement will provide a unique range of combined solutions as well as full compliance with the warranties for both the roof and the PV system, all with a support package that adds value to every project.
As part of this partnership, Bauder is offering a product the likes of which have never been seen before: The Bauder Solfixx PV system. Bauder Solfixx is a unique solution. The substructure of the module is welded to the roof membrane, rather than mechanically fixed, greatly reducing the risk involved with many PV solutions and providing full compliance with the warranties for both the roof and the PV system.
The BauderSOLAR SOLfixx solution, installed in combination with Bauder roof membranes is an ideal solution for anyone who wants to build or replace a flat roof with photovoltaics. “About 90 per cent of all industrial flat roofs in Europe are sealed with bitumen or plastic membranes,” says Stefan Säuberlich, CEO of SOLON Energy GmbH. “The SOLON SOLfixx was specifically developed for those kinds of roofs. Thanks to our cooperation with the industry leader Bauder, we can tap into an enormous market.”
Benefits of the Bauder Solfixx solution
- Solon’s powerful , 290wp panels with an efficiency of up to 15.7% providing more power from every roof space
- Lightweight – a zero penetration, un-ballasted as light as 12.9kg/sqm
- Integrated access walkways
- Cable conduits included in frame and therefore much neater, simpler and quicker to install
- 'Plug and play’ installation
- No tools
- Extremely quick and simple to install
- 10° pitch allowing for maximum number of panels per roof as less shading from previous array allows panels to be closer together
- Free module recycling